Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thinking About Brushstroke

This stunning stairwell designed by Kelly Wearstler (many of you will be familiar with it) has got me thinking about brushstroke.


Wallpaper by Porter Teleo; Image via House & Home

The brushstroke effect is being used on anything and anywhere these days. I can't say I'm fond of it at all times, but I don't mind it here and there. If done right, it lends an artsy, dramatic feel to a space. I doubt I'd ever have the guts to do my stairwell like Ms. Wearstler, but I could go for some brushstroke artwork or dinnerware. Here's a little round up for you.











What do you think of brushstroke? Is it a look for you?

-Sarah

sources: artwork by James Nares; lamp via pinterest; skirt via forever 21; dishes by David Stark for West Elm; Giuseppe-Zanotti platform pumps; Gucci print silk crepe dress; Room Design by Jennifer Ferreira; Jim Thompson Fabric Opus Collection; Kate Spade Stationary; Painter's Chair by Suzan Fellman

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the brushstrokes... I am totally on board. I'm thinking of doing a DIY canvas of brushstroke art. What do you think? I'm thinking it's foolproof, but maybe it's harder than it looks.

    Love your blog, glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably is harder than it looks. Those talented artist just make it look simple and effortless. You should for sure try your hand at it though! I bet you'll come up with something lovely. Thanks for saying hi. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!