Friday, May 18, 2012

Calling All Black & White Lovers (Outdoor Design Board)

It's Friday and a long weekend here in Canada. Yay! I've put together an outdoor design board for you. I had seen this striped pavilion at ZGallerie and knew I wanted to use it. That was my starting point and I didn't stray far from the black and white colour scheme. A few bright green accents add a pop of colour and I love how the gold lantern warms up the look with a little Morroccan flare. And the peacock feather wreath is kind of special too.



I realized after I was all done that I had seen this space (below) yesterday and it must have been in my subconscious! Funny how that works. Black, white and a pop of green. The space itself is a little over the top for me but it seems to have influenced my design board.  



Black & White Lovers Unite! (You can see more of this Hollywood Glam home at Style at Home.)

Design Board Sources:
Black & White Striped Portofino Pavilion at ZGallerie
Ceylon Dining Table and Chair at Ballard Designs
Giltspur Chandelier at Peridot Decorative Homeware
Greek Key Tibby Mirror at Made Goods (no longer available)
Pillows, Lanterns, and Peacock Feather Wreath at ZGallerie
Topiary Trees (Source unknown via Google)


Oh, and I tried a new pulled pork sandwich recipe last night.



My MIL had made it for us in the past and I decided to try it with some small-farm, locally raised pork we had in our freezer. (We have friends who raise pork so if you're interested in buying locally, I can hook you up.) The recipe was easy peasy and so tasty. Thanks, Martha. I know she was thinking of me when she put it together. Recipe here. (Image via Martha Stewart.)

Weekend time!

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You know how much I love a good black and white scheme!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!