Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mixing Metals

In case you wondered, mixing metals is rad. No need to stick to chrome or brass or oil-rubbed bronze exclusively. You can have them all in your home and in even in the same room if you so desire! I love the rich, layered look a mix of metals offers. The mix brings a sense of depth and often a glamorous feel to a space. Warm and cool metals can mix seamlessly for a beautiful look. Here are a few spaces where metals take centre stage.





No need to be nervous about mixing it up anymore. It can most definitely be done and dare I say, should be done!

O.k. I got inspired and had to try mixing some metals of my own. A little vignette in the corner of our bedroom. (Thrown together in about 5 minutes.)





Metals are lovely. So luxe.

-Sarah

Images: Lloyd Ralphs Design; via Pinterest; via The Decorista

2 comments:

  1. I love the shapes and textures you chose for your vignette. You're right - mixed metals are great, why not? (BTW, Rona sells a black tri-pod lamp like the one in the first picture for cheap... if you're looking for one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always pleasantly surprised by the things RONA carries. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!