Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pendant Possibilities

Hello, dears. I know I told you we had chosen our lighting for the new house awhile ago and we did. At the time I was undecided about the kitchen pendants though, so we simply chose the cheapest pendants we could. The idea was that we would switch them out once we moved in. Another reason for doing it this way was that the lighting store we placed the order through didn't carry some of the pendants I was interested in. (I hope that makes sense.)

Originally, I had thought hicks pendants would look good. Something like this...



But then I wasn't so sure. I do like the pendants and I think they work, but they are very popular. So now I'm thinking I might want something more unique.

I've been eyeing this large, glass pendant by Regina Andrew. It's simple and elegant. Gold finish on the interior with a black finish on the exterior. 15" diameter.





The drawback in choosing either of these pendants (Hicks or Andrew) is that I've never seen them in person. I could likely return them if they didn't work, but I'd prefer to save myself the hassle and the shipping fees.

Then I remembered seeing a crystal lantern chandelier at Robinson Lighting (which is where we got all the lighting from). It was pretty and sparkly. Very similar to this.




I do love chandeliers. I'd have one if every room if that wasn't deemed extravagant and financially prohibitive. The perks to choosing this fixture is that I've seen it in person and I can order it now (in hopes that it would arrive in time to be installed for our move in date). This will give you an idea of what it would look like in the kitchen (sorry for the poor quality).



The chandeliers definitely change the look of things, but they make my heart go pitter patter. My husband doesn't dig them quite like I do, but he's on board. I switched the rug out too for this ink blue, over-dyed gorgeousness.

If we went with the chandeliers we'd have a total of three in the house and that doesn't seem too over the top to me. This one is going to hang in the foyer.



Feedback time. Please and thank you!!!

-Sarah

p.s. Something funky is going on with the font for my blog post title. Can't seem to fix it. Sorry about that.

11 comments:

  1. This time, I'm going to have to vote for your first choice - those green "Andrews" (?) ones. You had a nice brasserie look going and I don't love any of the later choices anywhere near as much.

    Good luck!

    Christina @GPtekkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. That first "hicks" pendant is an awesome fixture. So popular (especially in kitchens).

      Delete
  2. Sarah, A closed fixture is more practical for the kitchen. It's easier to clean. I have the top crystal fixture you saw at Robinson's (I've also seen it at Lowes) in my powder room and everything lives in it :). The Regina Andrew is pretty...reminds me of a fixture at Pottery Barn that has a single filament bulb in it. But if it were my choice it would be the Hicks....all the way!!! Congrats on your new Home.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron. That's a good point about keeping the chandelier clean. Something to consider for sure.

      Delete
  3. I can totally see the chandelier style pendants in your kitchen! I think you should go for it. They would be totally unique. I'm struggling with pendant choices too... I thought I'd go with the hicks pendants (because I already have one). Then I decided on something else, only to find out that they are back-ordered until Sept!!! Blurg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, those Regina Andrew pendants are GORGEOUS! I love them!!! So simple, and show stoppers without a doubt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarah i think you should go with the Regina Andrew pendants there divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all great..you can't go wrong. Go with what you love (clearly the chandeliers) so there's no regrets. I think they're very unique for chandeliers. Love the rug and chair also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica. The chandeliers do tug at my heart strings! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Sarah...no contest for me...I love the crystal pendant chandelier with the silver finish! It will sparkle like candle light! Love the teardrop shape. I think the light would be so amazing.
    Can't wait to see what you do!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith. We plan to have a look at the chandeliers again this weekend and then we'll make our decision! That is the way I'm leaning. Hope all is well with you!

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!