Monday, June 25, 2012

Things that Sparkle

I had a fabulous weekend in a gorgeous, sparkly kind of way. First of all, me and my man celebrated 6 years of marriage! I sure do love him. He's my best friend. He's thoughtful, kind, hardworking, loving, hilarious (though you might not see that side of him at first), smart, musical, and so much more! He's also a great dad. My lover. My friend. I want to grow old with him.

AND he knows I like pretty things. After our dinner out on Saturday we stopped to see that antique chandelier I had showed you on Friday. It was perfect! It came home with us.



(Excuse my arm)

I am thinking it will hang in the new house mudroom. Some inspiration I've been collecting.




Images via pinterest

I'm quite sure green walls will be happening. Eeek!

We also stopped by to see those chandelier pendants (for the kitchen) and decided to go with them. They're pretty great. (Thanks for all your comments and feedback on the various pendant options by the way.)




In case you missed my kitchen plan. Here are some of the pieces we're planning to pull together in that space. She's going to be purdy!



There was even a good deal of socializing that happened. Yep, it was a good weekend. How was yours?

-Sarah



6 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    First Happy Anniversary! We just took a trip last week to our favorite romantic spot in Maine for our 40th. Some sailing, hiking and some lovely romantic dinners. It's such a great adventure when you find the right person for the journey.
    I knew you'd get the chandelier! I am thrilled for you. I LOVE the detail around the rim! Almost like fleur d lis....LOVE IT!!!
    And the beautiful glass chandeliers are making it in the kitchen. They are exquisite and beautiful with the look of the marble.
    You forgot one thing Sarah...things that sparkle...I love the picture of you next to the pendant chandelier. It sparkles almost as much as you do!!! YOU had a great weekend!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith. And happy anniversary to you too! 40 years is rather impressive.

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! You got it! So excited for you! And the kitchen chandeliers are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary and getting the LF you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to look gorgeous!! :)
    Where did you find that chair? I need to upgrade my uncomfortable Ikea counter stools to something more comfy yet still clean and simple. I love your choice!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!