Monday, July 23, 2012

More Progress at the New House

Hello, friends. I hope this find you well. Thanks for your sweet comments and e-mails about my art. You're all so kind. One reader said she loved the energy of the second painting (the real abstract one), and I thought that was a good word to describe it. I hope to do more painting in the future so I'll keep you posted. For now, I'm enjoying a week of fun with my husband and kids. We plan to go hard and fit lots of activities and outings in this week. You won't be hearing from me all that often, but I should be back at it next week.

I'll give you an update on how our new build is going though. I was able to see it a few days ago. A lot of the tiling and flooring has been done or is being done. The ensuite shower is more or less finished, and it turned out pretty well. As you can see, they were short one tile so they'll have to come back and finish it. I'm happy with how we took a basic, inexpensive subway tile and did something creative with it. Yay! The darker grey grout makes the boxy pattern pop. What do you think?




We went with 12x12 white/grey metallic tiles on the floor. They are VERY dusty and dirty right now so you don't see their pretty irridescent shimmer, but they do shimmer! That thing sticking out of the floor by the tub is where the floor mount tub faucet will go.



Have I shown you the faucet? This be her.



Purist® floor-mount bath filler by Kohler


Here's a view from the back of the ensuite looking into the master bedroom. Notice the carpet (which is exquisitely soft) is in. It's a creamy sort of colour.


Against the grey wall colour

The kid's bath has dark grey 12x24 tiles which again are dusty (you can see my toes in the dust)! There will be a pocket door between the vanity and tub/toilet so more than one person can use the bathroom at a time.



And the hardwood is going in. Whoot! It's maple in a medium to dark brown stain.
More dust-o-rama!



And some stunning black doors (we only did black on the main floor). Yum-dee-dum!



We'll finish those off with some sparkly glass knobs down the road! Goody. Goody.

So, that's where things are at right now. We're totally happy with how it's all coming together. Moving day is fast approaching! SO. MUCH. TO. DO. But this week we have fun!

-Sarah

7 comments:

  1. It's looking splendid, of course!

    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking so great! I absolutely love the hardwood you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tile pattern in the shower is great...I've never seen anything done like that before. What black did you use on the doors? Semi-gloss? I love, love white but there's just something so great about a black door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great, Sarah! Love the detail with the tile in your shower. You just can't go wrong with white subway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    So many wonderful choices. Shower tiles and your bath floor tile (YUM), love the dark finish on the hardwood floor! LOVE the bathtub but I have already told you that!
    Have a great family time this week and we all look forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creativity with the tile - reminds me of Sarah Richardson, for sure! Go, Sarah(s), go! :-) And black doors with sparkly knobs... To die for! Oh, I can't wait to see everything all finished up and done. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!