Friday, August 17, 2012

30 Things Before 30

Hello, friends, and happy Friday! It's an extra-happy Friday for me because today I turn 29. I suppose I'm not entirely happy to be peeking at 30 just around the corner, but I have much to be thankful for. All in all it's a good day and a happy one.



30 seems all grown up and gives me a slight panic feeling, but I'm still just 29, right! Nonetheless, here are 30 things I want to do before I actually get to 30. Some serious, some not so much and in no particular order.

Improve my painting skills
Learn how to use photoshop
Bake a super delicious cake from scratch
Read 30 books
Make a baby
Get a bikini body (even though I won't be wearing a bikini) *This will have to happen before that baby gets made*
Use less paper towel
Plant a garden
Wear coloured jeans (I realize I'm way behind)
Wear yellow
Grow my hair to the mammaries
Buy a leather purse
Spend less on groceries
Call/Visit an old friend
30 Random Acts of Kindness
Eat vegan for 30 days
Build a fort with my kids
Sleep under the stars
Say "I love you" more
Learn II Movement of Chopin Piano Concerto in E- (It's beautiful!)
Pout less, Smile and Laugh More
Learn to cook roast beef and Yorkshire pudding
Write a song for my kids
Read poetry
Roadtrip with my man
Teach my eldest to read
Write some old-fashioned letters
Learn to bake bread
Get to know my neighbours
Take better pictures


I'd say I have my work cut out for me! Thanks for letting me share this with you. I'm more likely to carry through on these things if I "go public" with them. It's the whole accountability, keeping your word sort of thing. Last year as a twenty-something here I come!

-Sarah

9 comments:

  1. That is an ambitious list of a lot of good things! I look forward to seeing/hearing how it all goes. Sound like baby fever has hit - yay :)

    Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, baby fever has hit. How can it not with friends like you around!?

      Delete
  2. I love it! I thought about doing the same thing, but now that I'm two months into 29, I would either have to work fast or write a "27 or so before 30" list. It just doesn't have the same ring though.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite the same ring, no, but you could totally do it. Or maybe you can take a few from my list and help me out a little! :) XO, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav one out of your list is 'write a song for my kids'. :)
    I am still waiting for Kent to write a song for me. Oh my, just while I was writing this I remembered he did write a song for me. Do you remember 'Cheesy Love Song'? lol. I wonder if he will pull it out of the archives for me. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ang, I didn't really remember Cheesy Love Song but James did. He must have played it with Kent and the band. What were they called? Was it GMO? Good times. I hope you get your song at some point! XO

      Delete
  5. Seems I missed your birthday. So, Happy Birthday! Oh my...you are still such a young thing. I believe you can accomplish your 30 before 30! Just wait 'til you hit forty! Then we'll talk! LOL! Are you coming to BLEND this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meesh! I won't be coming to blend this year. We have too much going on with our recent move and such. It sure sounds like fun though!

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!