Monday, August 20, 2012

Roses, China & Fireplace

Hello, friends. I hope this finds you well. This is moving week for us so we're busy busy. My house is rather bare right now with most things packed away, so I'm thankful for these gorgeous birthday roses my parents sent me. I did have to stick them in a drinking glass because the vases were packed away, but it's nice to have fresh flowers around in the sea of cardboard boxes and packing tape.



Another very special birthday gift I received was my husband's grandmother's china. What a treat! Most everyone else in the family already had china (and in some cases several sets of china), so we got it. The pattern is Chelsea Garden by Spode. It's really beautiful. We'll display it in our glass front cabinets once we move. Right now it's packed away in boxes of course. This will give you an idea of what it's like. I love the colours.



We saw the new house again yesterday. It's 99% done and we're thrilled with how it looks. Check out the mirror above the fireplace. Pure awesome!



The tile still hasn't been installed around the fireplace but that will get done. They actually had to order more tile, so it won't go up until after we move in. SO delighted with the mirror though.

You likely won't hear from me as often this week. I have much to do. Wish me luck and thanks for sticking with me!

-Sarah

3 comments:

  1. That room looks fantastic and those scones - gorg! It is fun to get heirloom pieces, isn't it? I have my husband's grandmother's antique silverware - love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! 99% completed? Oh, you must be so excited, and over here, I'm on pins and needles waiting for you to move in!!! I can't wait to see what's next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sarah! Living room looks great! I love the floor and sconces too. I hope you'll send at least one picture of the chaos of moving day! ;-)
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!