Friday, September 28, 2012

Piles & Piles of Logs

Logs can cozy up an space, even the most modern and minimalistic. I love it especially when a fireplace is specifically designed with a log nook or two. I SO want to do this with an outdoor fireplace - maybe next summer when we put in our yard (or we may just settle for a hole in the ground!)

But here are the piles of logs I'm talking about. I have a large basket I want filled with some birch. We won't burn it (because our fireplace is gas), but it's ultra chic to have a stack of wood lying around, don't you think?









Fill an unused fireplace with a stack of wood.





Or try replacing the unsightly TV above the fireplace with a collection of logs. Your husband won't mind at all! *wink*



Happy Friday and bring on the weekend!

-Sarah

Image Sources: via pinterest; Elle Decor; Melanie Turner; via pinterest; via Desire to Inspire; via NY Times; via pinterest; House & Home; via pinterest; Traditional Home; Design Sponge

2 comments:

  1. Oh im loving this look! Looks amazing in each setting.. it adds so much character to each room! I adore this post xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of firewood in decor! We have a gas burning, too, but I'm thinking of featuring some wood just because it really does look so great!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!