Friday, October 19, 2012

All Shapes & Sizes

Upholstered headboards are all the rage right now, and it makes sense. They are generally more affordable than purchasing a whole bedframe/headboard set and are pretty easy to pull off as a DIY. They're comfortable to lean against and can be upholstered in nearly any type of fabric - luxe velvet, bold stripes, colourful florals, etc. Extra little details like nailheads and tufting pretty them up. The sky is really the only limit when it comes to the shape and size of headboard you want. It's interesting to see what creative minds have been coming up with lately.












I've been favouring something fairly simple with strong lines lately. Do you have a favourite?

Happy Weekend, friends!

-Sarah

Image Sources: A Perfect Gray; via Pinterest; Thom Filicia; Fawn Galli; via Poppy Talk; Muse Interiors; Jackie Astier; Jill Sorensen; Kerrisdale Design (2 images)

2 comments:

  1. I've loving seeing all the sneak peaks of your home Sarah...just beautiful, you have such a great eye. Thanks for including two of my bedrooms in your headboard roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I favor the last one...I am woefully short just over 5 ft and I am afraid most of these overwhelm me...what I really like is soft fluffy beds with tall mattresses! Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!