Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Find

I had an unexpected find at Pottery Barn Kids yesterday (online). Their Emma Mirror is currently on sale for $100 (nearly half price) and it occurred to me that the shape and size of it would be perfect for our powder room! The mirror has a kind of moorish shape to it and would go nicely with the wallpaper we're considering.

Here's a look at the mirror. It has a wood frame and a bevelled edge.




And remember the wallpaper? This be it (comes in other colours as well).



Here's a similar paper in action.


Designed by Tamara Wouters


Now, the only drawback is that the mirror is only available in light pink now, but since the price was right and the dimensions perfect, I went for it. Light pink can easily turn into black or gold with a little spray paint! Here are some high end options that are very similar to Emma (but WAY more expensive).

Queen Anne Mirror by Jonathan Adler

Princess Margaret Showhome, House & Home

I'm pretty happy with my knock off find! I guess it pays to look high and low for what you want - even in unlikely places.

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Such a great find. The wallpaper is awesome too. What colorway did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used that mirror before {in white} when I came across in on sale too! Its very nice for the price and a little paint can totally zhush it up :) Sounds like your place is coming along nicely bit by bit.

    Karla

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!