Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Confessions of a Wanna' be Artist

I had been working on that large canvas I mentioned a few months ago but to no avail. So, over the weekend it went from this (can't believe I'm showing you).



To this.



Sometimes you've just got to know when you've been beat. What I had done wasn't working for me and it seemed to be getting worse each time I tried to improve upon it. If at first you don't succeed, try try, try again. Sounds like a good bit of advice for me!

Here's hoping I have better luck next time.

Tomorrow I hope to show you my plans for my daughter's room. It's going to be grand (or at least more grand than my painting skills)!

Oh, and my palm leaf pillow just arrived from Black Rooster. It's perfect!



Catch you later!

-Sarah


4 comments:

  1. Hey at least you tried. Maybe you'll get an inspiration down the road and create your masterpeice. My blank canvas has been at home in my bedroom corner for months (a year?) now so good on you! [The pillow looks fab-good choice.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't dared try to paint on canvas. No, I tried Modge Podge instead, and even that didn't work out so well for me. I'm thinking I just need to stay right away from DIYing on canvas all together!!! I'm with Erica, at least you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow looks great in your home! thanks!
    xo Nina

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!