Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Design Books I Want to Read

I would really love to sit down and read through Dorothy Draper's, Decorating is Fun.



It was first published in 1939 and still offers practical advice and inspiration for today. I suppose it's no wonder since it was written by Dorothy Draper who has been called America's Most Fabulous Decorator! In the Pink is another book by Draper that also looks promising.

Draper certainly seems to have had a pile of fun decorating. Have a look at some of her interiors. If they don't scream "fun", I don't know what does!











I love this quote of hers.



And a few other design/decorating book on my "want to read" list.

To Your Taste and Black and White (and a bit in between) by Celerie Kemble




Kelly Wearstler's new book, Rhapsody.



The Things that Matter by Nate Berkus (aka Nate the Great!)



The Language of Interior Design by Alexa Hampton.



Made To Order by Campion Platt.



Interiors: The Allure of Style by Mary McDonald.



Katie Ridder, Rooms.



Lifting The Curtain on Design by Vincente Wolf.



I'd also love a good book on space planning and perspective drawing. Kimberley Seldon's "Business of Design" books look interesting too.

Has anybody read these or do you have a favourite I should add to my list?

I promise I'm not trying to drop any hints with Christmas around the corner! (wink)

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Two thumbs up to the Katie Riddler book, I received it for Christmas last year and it is just gorgeous - love her style. And I just cracked open Nate's new book and it's a nice read, really personal and insightful. Hopefully Santa Claus is reading your blog today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Kimberly Seldon's Business of Design. It is a great book for Interior Designers and Decorators looking to incorporate sound business practices into their firms. I hope you get what you want this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!