Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Greek Key O'verlays & A Chandy

Hi and how are you? I hope you had a nice weekend and a good start to your week. A few little things got done around my house recently. My O'verlays arrived and I got them painted and up on the MALM dressing table. The table sits along the one wall in our bedroom. I have yet to put a chair at the table and style it up proper, but here's a quick look. I used a gold coloured spray paint. (Right now the O'verlays are just taped up but they will get glued on at some point.)





The pink mirror atop the table is that one from Pottery Barn Kids. It's going to get painted and go in the powder room eventually. First we have to wallpaper in there though. I have to decide on a mirror for the dressing table. It won't be pink though!

And we got a chandelier up in our closet. Sort of 80s glam which isn't for everyone, but I'm liking it. (Purchased second hand.)



I'm not showing you anymore of our closet because it's rather messy. Kind of a catch all for an assortment of stuff right now. It will get spiffied up at some point though. I had originally thought we might do a boutique style closet with built-ins so everything is tucked away, but that would be quite costly and I'd rather spend the money on something else. The closet already has open shelves and upper and lower rods so I'm thinking we'll probably just keep it as is but trim the fronts of the shelves with a piece of wood. Like this.


via Centsational Girl


So that's a little update on what I've been up to. I've also been painting that large canvas again. I'm having more success this time around, but maybe it's too early to tell. We shall see.

Hugs all around!

-Sarah

4 comments:

  1. LOVE these overlays!! I first saw them over at Amanda Carol (I think) and adore them! Such a quick and easy update with a big impact! And I love your chandy...very chic:)
    xo Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing...you should post them on ikeahackers.net. The chand is great - it's really a modern take on the trad...so what if it got a little typecast in the 80's. Good design is good design (and the 80's are back anyways). Love it, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! I'll look into ikea hackers. I've certainly heard of it. Cheers!

      Delete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!