Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Big Blue Velvet Moves In!

Look what showed up on my doorstep today! The sofa is here and just in time for Christmas. We like.







We went with the Liam sofa by Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams and ordered it through ELTE in Toronto. Yes, that means we made the purchase without seeing it in person. Yikes! I was a bit nervous doing that, but I had seen the sofa used in quite a few spaces (in pictures) so I knew I liked the look and style of it, and I thought a navy colour would be nice.

It turns out that the colour is close to navy but not exactly. There are some strong grey hues in the upholstery. It's a bit lighter than I was expecting but I like it, and it ties in really well with the area rug. Probably better than a true navy would have.

It looks great with the sideboard too. The back of the sofa is straight so it meets up really nice with the back of the sideboard. Our old sofa had an angled back which looked kind of funny against the straight back of the sideboard. 

We went with a java colour for the feet and the bronze nail heads (you see them running along the arms and the bottom of the sofa).

The tuxedo style is modern but still very classic - clean and simple and you feel kind of cocooned in it when you sit down. It's elegant but very comfortable and doesn't feel too precious. I'm breathing a sigh of relief to have it here and to be happy with it!

This was definitely a splurge item for us although we did get 20% off. A sofa is something that seems worth the splurge; it's a piece we plan on using for a VERY long time.

Yay! Now I get to find some good pillows and maybe a throw to drape over the one arm. I'll show you the design board I've created for the living room after I tweak it a little. The slightly more grey colour might change a few things.

Catch you later!

-Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Love the color Sarah! I especially love it with the dark brown of your floors. Lots of possibilities for pillow...I'd love cream with a cream mohair throw. I am sure you will come up with something wonderful.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Great choice :) I'm always a big fan of any shade of blue. Classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful color of sofa. I like it very much.
    Buy Navy Blue Velvet Smoking Jackets
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!