Friday, December 14, 2012

Chinoiserie Love

So, it's Friday afternoon and no sofa. It must have been delayed with the snow and cold. Hopefully it shows up next week. I'd really like to have it by Christmas. Talk about an awesome Christmas gift!

Thanks as well for your sweet comments for Kim and her stunning artwork. I know she saw the post and she appreciates the kind words.

For today's post I thought I'd share some chinoiserie loveliness. Over the top pretty if you ask me. Chinoiserie refers to the recurring theme in design and art that seeks to reflect Chinese artistic influences. The motifs are often whimsical, imaginative, and highly ornate and decorative. Many of the patterns and scenes are charmingly imperfect and asymmetrical. In short, the look is entirely beautiful. Sending you into your weekend with a post-full of gorgeous.













I've got some good stuff lined up for next week so "y'all come now ya' hear?" Enjoy your weekend, friends. If you're like me you're going to be stroking things off that Christmas to do list.

-Sarah

All images via pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Since my house will never look like this, I use the fabulous pictures you post to decorate houses for my Sims. Hahaha. Thanks, Sarah. Beautiful ideas. -Angela McLellan

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!