Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Kitchens with Bold Colour

I do love a white kitchen. Always have, always will. That doesn't mean I can't admire kitchens with bold colour though. Kitchens that do colour in a big, all-out sort of way.







The look is very dramatic with such a cozy feel to it. The rich colours make the space feel more like a den and less like a kitchen. I doubt I would ever have the guts to paint my kitchen navy or green, but I admire people who do! It sure has big impact.

As an aside, I'm in a constant state of excitement this week as our new sofa is scheduled to arrive. I think I told you that we had looked into getting our old sofa reupholstered but it was going to be mucho money (we would have paid more to have it reupholstered than it cost brand new). So, we decided to purchase something new. It made more sense. I'll wait until it arrives to show you, but it's going to be good. Navy, velvet, modern lines... just dreamy. Can't wait to show you!

-Sarah

Image Sources: via Pinterest; Miles Redd; Kelly Wearstler, Lonny; J Randall Powers Architectural Digest

5 comments:

  1. Love your new blog design! It's new right? I think that the dark cupboard look is on the rise and I really like it.. although white is so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you wrote this post. I saw a kitch with navy lower cabinets, white uppers, carrera counters and polished brass handles and it's been on my mind! All white IS classic, but I think we all have a little bit of dark side in us somewhere. Thanks for this...I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! You should go for it. Mixing up the dark colour with white would be super chic and a little less scary than doing it all dark.

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one. The color is gorgeous! Though I'd ditch the table and chairs for a narrow and long farm table with a rubbed finish and some wooden chairs!
    Really like everyone of these photos. Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these. colour kitchen is most sensitive part of home. so, we should take decision about colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!