Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Latest Exercise Kick

So, I'm popping in rather late today to say hello and to let you know how I've been kicking my butt lately. I'm getting whipped into shape with the help of this little DVD.



I've actually owned it for several years and used it off and on. For the past 4-5 weeks I've been using it consistently though, and I'm starting to see results. I like to do the total body workouts that are about 1 hour each, but there are shorter workouts where you can target specific muscle groups like abs, buns, and thighs etc. The total body workouts are very much like a body pump class I used to take at my local gym. The workout is not really cardio; it's about muscle strengthening and toning. I'm still running a couple times a week to keep my cardio up. The DVD focuses more on sculpt than pilates, but that suits me just fine. I want to feel the burn!  

The workouts are not easy, but they are effective and that's what it's about, right? You'll discover muscles you didn't even know you had! The workout can be hard to keep up with at first when you're learning the different positions and such, but once you've done it a few times, you'll be able to keep up. I would suggest watching it through and pausing it in places at first to practice correct positioning and posture.

See it on Amazon here. Lots of other people have given it positive reviews too. If you're looking for an effective workout to do at home, you just might want to give it a try! All you need is a pair of 5-10 lb. hand weights and a floor mat. Running shoes are useful for squats and lunges but the instructors have you take your shoes off for most of the exercises.

Do you have a favourite home workout?

Hope you don't mind the decor-less post. I promise to have something "pretty" for you tomorrow!

-Sarah


1 comment:

  1. I go to a pilates studio 6 times a week! The owner is wonderful and has me spinning an hour 3 X's a week. I'm on a journey!!! Good luck with your routine.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!