Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Randoms

Hello, friends! I can't believe it's the week before Christmas. It's going to be busy around here because I really procrastinated this year. Oh well. We did have a productive day yesterday; I got most of the shopping done, we wrote our Christmas letter, and I started wrapping. I also have some fun party prep to do this week as we're hosting a Christmas party this Friday for some friends. Here are a few things I'm planning on making. Most of these recipes are new which I realize is breaking the "nothing new with guests" rule, but it all looks so good - too good to pass up. If you follow me on pinterest you will have seen me pinning these recipes lately.

Proschiutto Wrapped Asparagus



Fried Coconut Shrimp



Pesto Bruschetta



Spinach & Artichoke Dip



Caprese Salad Bites



Hungry yet? There will also be a cheeseball that's always a party hit and some samosas and spanikopita courtesy of Costco. Oh, and don't forget the desserts and drinks. I'm looking forward to it. I wish y'all could come!

I also tried this recipe the other day. It was delicious. (via She Cooks, He Cleans)



I used trout rather than salmon. The fish was very moist and rich. I often think of fish as a "light" protein compared to beef say, but this kind of took it out of that "light" category. I think I would go a little easier with the cheese next time, but it was VERY good. I did make my own mayonaise as the recipe suggested.

The kids and I got our craft on this morning. The nativity scene is a printable I downloaded from Design Dazzle. You have to like their facebook page to get the download, and I accidentely liked it under my husband's profile. Sorry, honey! Just what you wanted, right? Please excuse the PJs and bedhead.  





In other news, we went carolling at our local, small town nursing home over the weekend. It was fun. The kids were adorable. They sang along with me for a song or two and Avery recited her Christmas scripture (from Luke 2). They were both so sweet going around shaking all of the senoir's hands afterwards and wishing them a Merry Christmas. Loved it. Oh, and we're still waiting for our sofa. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives because I'm pumped to show you!

I'm going to wish you a super productive week because, if you're like me, you need it!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!