Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Latest Painting

Here it is. I even hung it on my wall! 





I won't tell you how many times I painted over it before I settled on this pink mess because that would be way too embarrassing. And yes, I did try to copy that wonderful pink, drippy painting my Kim Johnston. You may remember it, and if not, you can see it here.

While there are a countless number of flaws in mine, I don't entirely hate it. Since I'm desperate to hang some things on my walls (after 4 months of living here), it's up.

We hung it over the doorway to our pantry which draws the eye up and accentuates the height of the ceiling. It also means people can't get too close to it; maybe the flaws won't be quite as noticeable from a distance, right? (One can only hope.)

So, I paint, and I'm learning, and I'm enjoying it. My husband is a dear and encourages me along the way. I get rather frustrated at times since I really have no clue what I'm doing. Maybe some lessons would be in order. Yes, that would be good.

Tomorrow I hope to share a little January to do list with some projects I'm planning to tackle this month. Can't wait to stroke a few more things off that list. 

If you'd like to be entered in a draw to win this painting of mine, go here and leave me a comment.



Hope your week is going well! Thanks for stopping by.

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love that pop of colour in such an unsuspecting place! Good for you for persevering :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Kim here...your painting looks great!! I like your composition better! Soon you will have a house full of paintings....go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!