Thursday, February 21, 2013

Leather Club Chairs (Let's Go a Sourcing!)

Here's a wee bit of a round up of leather club chairs for you. Actually, my brother has asked me to help him find a good chair for his living room, and I thought, "Why not turn it into a post?!" (Hope you don't mind, brother dear.) He sent me a picture of a chair he had seen in a hotel lobby or conference room, and that's what I had to go on - a blurry iphone picture. Here's hoping I came close to what he had in mind and what was in the picture. From what I can tell, this is the chair he wants (if this isn't it exactly, then it's a twin sister for sure).



Unfortunately, I could only seem to find it through UK suppliers, and that could be prohibitive. It's unlikely that they would ship to Canada, and if they did, it would probably be quite costly. I kept looking around though, and as a last resort, went to ebay. I wasn't expecting to find anything worth while, but to my pleasant surprise, there was the (almost) exact chair! It comes in two different leg styles as you can see. This leather seems to be a little less "red" which is maybe nicer and certainly more versatile.






I will say that it's not cheap, but it's reasonable for a classically styled, genuine leather chair. I think it's a great choice. Kind of a happy mix between masculine and feminine, and it's not overly big so it would fit nicely into my brother's small-ish space. We'll see what he decides! 

Here are a few other styles I gathered along the way to have as options. 








1. Bilson Leather Armchair at Pottery Barn
2. Hans Leather Armchair at Dwell Studio
3. Jensen Leather Chair at Restoration Hardware
4. Leather Club Chair at Elte


 Sourcing is so much fun! (Especially when you find what you're looking for.) I'm also going to be sewing some curtains for my brother's living room. Maybe I'll get to show you a few pictures at some point. 

Thanks for the visit!

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Definitely love the top one best. It is so classic and I rather like the reddish color. Did you see this one? http://www.clubchairs.com/leather-club-chairs/contemporary/pierreclubchair.cfm
    Have a great weekend...another storm heading our way...ho hum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, the Dwell Hans chair is now available at The Bay!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!