Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Glamour Two Ways (Bedroom Design Boards)

Hello, friends! Hugs all around. I was oohing and awing over these Mary MacDonald lamps the other day and longing to use them somewhere. Remember them? (They come in 7 different colours, but the black and white ones are favourites.)





Well, there may come a day when I actually have them in my home, but for now, I thought I'd put together a design board (or two) to show them off. I've also included Bungalow 5 side tables (their side tables rock my world). The result is two bedroom design boards with similar elements but the overall look is quite different between the two. I was going for a glamorous style but the one turned out more subtle or soft and the other bold, with lots of rich colour. 


Sources:
Pillows at Tonic Living
Mary MacDonald Lamps at Shades of Light
Bungalow 5 Side Tables
Headboard at Serena and Lily
Mark Rug at Live Like You (Jill Sorensen)
MIrror at Live Like You
Art by Kim Johnston (available through Peridot


Sources:
Artwork by Meredith Pardue
Pillow at Burke Decor
Throw at Black Rooster
Side Tables at Bungalow 5
Lamps at Shades of Light
Light Fixture, Vintage
Bennett Bed at Redford House
Rug at IKEA


Which do you prefer? I have to say, I think I would have trouble choosing a favourite! There are things I love about both.

Catch you later! 

-Sarah


4 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous, it would be hard to choose, but the light on the Bold board is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful - you design such great moodboards. Number 1 for me but only because I like my bedrooms on the light, serene side. Number 2 makes me think about changing though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That black lamp fabulous! I wish I see this first before I buy a lamp last week. This one is more beautiful than the lamp that I bought.

    jardiniere nets

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!