Friday, March 1, 2013

The Home of Alex Hitz

Here's a house tour I ran across over at House Beautiful. It's the home of celebrity chef, Alex Hitz. The look is quite traditional, but there are some modern, unexpected pieces thrown in to keep things fresh and hip looking. That's a must in my mind when going with a traditional style (especially for a young family). You have to mix it up a little lest it looks like you've stepped back in time or walked into a museum. There's pattern on pattern on pattern in some of the spaces which I find to be a bit busy, but I'm warming up to this kind of style a little more after reading Alexa Hampton's book. Enjoy! (Aren't these doors amazing?!)















Happy weekend, friends! Our little town is hosting a winter festival this weekend so we plan to get outdoors and enjoy some of the activities. I hope you're weekend is full of fun too! 

Hugs & High Fives, 

-Sarah


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful home. I love the wall of gold framed maps.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!