I'm really excited to show you what we hung up in the mudroom last night - my latest painting! Eeek! I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I had shown you a picture in the early stages, but here it is all finished. As you can see, it's a brushstroke piece in black and white with a gold frame. We did the frame ourselves which was a bit of an adventure, but it turned out pretty well and was WAY less expensive than having it professionally done (it's a mudroom after all). In fact, the whole project was inexpensive. I spent just over $60 in total. (I had the paints and brushes so I didn't need to purchase those supplies.) We're thrilled with our new art! It has some great texture due to the fine pumice gel I used (something new to me). It may be hard to see the texture in the pictures, but it's there and I like.
I was going to show a step by step on how we framed it, but I didn't get around to snapping pictures. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to know how we did it. It was pretty simple and straightforward, and there are probably better ways of doing it.
I also ordered these pretties the other day. We plan to hang them in our dining area on either side of one of the windows. I love the sculptural detail; they're so interesting and unique. Scoppio wall plaques at ZGallerie.
Oh, and we got the shelf and mirror up in A's room.
And here are my terrible drawings for her pelmet box. It's actually been kind of tricky to figure out. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm making it up as I go. The project is officially getting started tomorrow, and I'm pumped! You can read about the plans here.
Things. Getting. Done.