Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Weekend & That Pelmet Box

Hi, friends! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. We had some family time for a good part of the day, and I opted for that over blogging. In one of our neighbouring towns, you can get the best cinnamon buns known to man. We made the short trip to indulge in some of the sticky goodness. The little guy even licked his plate clean! 




My daughter went to a birthday party over the weekend and had a blast. Apparently, gift bows are really just a good excuse to goof around. Dear Lord, my kids are pros at goofiness. Before we go into any public place I find myself saying, "NO Crazies!" Can anyone else relate?



This gorgeous, massive (32" x 51"), and insanely heavy mirror came home with me. I'm thinking it will hang above the dressing table in our room once we figure out how to hang the beast. 



And the pelmet box for A's room got put together over the weekend. It looks good, and once I get it covered with batting and the orangerie, it will be even better! I really hope I can get this project done this week, but we shall see. The curtain panels still need to be sewn too. 

My Cardboard Template

The Box

A Rough Idea


I'm really excited to see it all done. It's been a long time coming but well worth the wait. I think I'll want to move into her room! 

I'll show you how the box was put together some time. I don't know how the pros do it, so this was my creation and attempt. Hopefully it works. 

Catch you later!

-Sarah



2 comments:

  1. oh wo w...good going , you are nearly done!
    Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share about the location of these cinnamon buns!! I am sometimes in the area...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!