Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Walls with Gingham Style

Gingham. A charming print that adds instant cozy to any space. It reminds me of an English, country home. True traditionalists will plaster everything in it - walls, curtains, chairs, etc. I prefer a smaller dose. Gingham walls are particularly nice. An over sized buffalo check has a slightly more contemporary look. The smaller check works well in more traditional interiors. As you'll see, it can be used in a variety of spaces, everything from formal dining and living rooms to kid's rooms.












It's a good look and the perfect way to add a little country charm. L's room is going to have some gingham. I think it will work well in his slightly rustic, a little outdoorsy-themed room. (EMMIE RUTA duvet cover set at IKEA.)



Catch you later!

-Sarah


Image Sources: Elle Decor (#2, #5); Jamie Meares (#8); all others via Pinterest


1 comment:

  1. Ok I generally don't care for gingham but I was surprised that I actually liked some of it (black & white and the large scale beige & cream)in your photos. Thanks Sarah for reminding us of this classic pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!