Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Room for the Fam Jam

At some far off distant date we will finish our basement. With yard costs piling up and up and up it will be some time before the downstairs gets done though. Our yard is bigger than we realized now that we're trying to plan decks and fences and gardens and flower beds etc. In the end it will be wonderful to have the space, but first up we need to plant a money tree to help fund the yard development. Anybody else need one of those? 

The future basement will have a family/tv room which I'm looking forward to. I want it to be completely kid friendly with a relaxed but contemporary vibe. Something along these lines would be just swell. 



Sources:

Soderhamn Sofa and Chaise, IKEA
Besta TV storage, IKEA
Round, Marble Coffee Table at CB2
Eames Replica Chair, Inmod
Cube Pillow and Spikes Mirror at Black Rooster Decor
Souk Rug at West Elm
Art (Painting) by Meredith Pardue
Photograph by Leigh Viner
"Words" Art via Pinterest (I would try to DIY it.)
 

I'm sure to change my mind at least somewhat by the time we're ready to bring the space to life (real life), but it's fun to plan and have an idea of what direction I want to go.

I hope things are well with you and yours. It's a bit on the dreary side here today. Good day to curl up with some tea and a book or play-do and apple juice if you prefer. We've got both going on.

Hugs, 

-Sarah


 

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. We got that sofa I love it but had new seat cushions made the one it came with were way too thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the moodboard. I was shocked that the sofa was from IKEA - it looks high end. I'm obviously behind on their new products. At least someone is on top of things!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!