Thursday, June 20, 2013

Around the House

Hi, friends! I hope things are well with you. It's time for a little update on how things are going in my home. I feel like I haven't had much to share with you lately. I've been slack in getting things done. 

An impromptu trip to homesense yesterday landed me with mirrored side tables - something I've been wanting forever. AND they were such a good price. I haven't managed to get them home yet since they wouldn't fit in my car (need a minivan), but hopefully we can get them home this weekend. Eeeek! Fingers crossed that they look good on either side of our bed. 



They're really quite nice and I can't believe I paid less for them than the IKEA metallic tin foil dressers sell for. (I love IKEA, but these dressers look cheap in person. Not worth $300 in my opinion.)



This branch globe came home with me too. I'm hoping I can turn it into a light fixture for L's room. 



An edison bulb lighting kit like this could do the trick. (Thanks for the tip, Erica!) 


Fixture here


Hoping it will look something like this when all is said and done. 

 

My Leigh Viner print arrived and I like. Going to switch out the frame for something different down the road. This will do for now though. The colours are perfect for our room. 



There's a genuine Hudson Bay blanket at the foot of L's bed now thanks to my Grandma. It's in terrific shape considering it's been around for a while. Score! Getting these babies new will cost you just a little. 



And yellow curtains are going to happen in the dining room once I get motivated enough to start that sewing project. Goody. 



And well, here's me and my darlings. Just because.



Me and my man celebrate 7 years this weekend. He's taking tomorrow off so we can celebrate all day, yo! Can't wait.  

Catch you later!

-Sarah


3 comments:

  1. Ok, great scores at Homesense. And thanks for the shout out! (although I have no readers due to me) Happy anniversary and great photo! (arm shots are the best) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those tables there the other day and thought of you! Love all of the house updates. Happy anniversary! Hope you both have a wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to the both of you! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, looks like that rain may finally be clearing up. I love those side tables, they will look amazing in your space. As well, I saw the most adorable stuffed fox in Calgary when we were there and thought of L's room (outdoorsy theme) Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!