Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This & That

Hello, friends! Here's a little recap on my weekend. We had a really nice time celebrating our anniversary on Friday. In fact, the whole weekend was terrific. Let's see...

We ate here on Friday evening. All I'm going to say is, if you live in the Saskatoon area, you MUST try it. One of the best meals I've ever had. In case you can't read the sign, it's "Hole in the Wall Restaurant".



We sat in a private corner of the restaurant complete with our own iron gate! Very quaint (looking out from our nook). And the food was out of this world. You must eat here. Must.



Picked up this sweet little side table from homesense. It's identical to the one home outfitters carries and was a steal. It's a little beat up in places, but that's nothing a quick coat of spray paint can't fix. Yay for good finds.



I've more or less finished another painting. 8x8 size and mostly yellows, pink and blues. Dots and drips are things I like. 



(Had to hold it right up to the window for light. It's a little on the cloudy side today.)


Avery had a soccer tournament on Saturday which was great fun. The rain stayed away for all of her games, and then it poured. She's not exactly a star player, but she's getting the hang of it. She's all about the socializing. The kids are adorable at this age. 


Action Shot


James and I took in a show at the jazz festival Sunday evening. John Scofield and Uberjam. They were amazing. Loved it.



And the prettiest, most vibrant rainbow hung out behind our house Saturday afternoon. Of course the pictures don't do it justice. It was stunning.





I put together a guest post for Hollie today. It's 25 things you don't know about me. Read it here. Hollie is that super stylish gal who sews super stylish pillows.

I hope your weekend was filled with some good fun too! Until next time...

-Sarah


p.s. I need to stay away from homesense for a little while. 



4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fun weekend! And Avery looks like she had a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the side table you picked up & thanks for participating in my "25 Things" series!
    [www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! You have some great finds there- love that side table! Avery is tooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that table at Homesense in Regina last Saturday and it was very nearly placed into my cart... May be going back for it. The problem with Homesense is you want to wean yourself, but it's unpredictable when they're going to have a piece you're looking for and you have to strike while the iron is hot!

    C

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!