Monday, July 29, 2013

Softness Underfoot

I would much rather chat about stair runners than run stairs, so let's do just that, shall we? (I knew you'd be all for it.) Stair runners aren't absolutely necessary, but they are a nice way to add some decorative flourish to a staircase. A stairwell can sometimes be a tricky spot to decorate (since you can usually only hang things on the walls), so a runner is a good way to add a little extra pretty. A runner adds some nice softness and makes the stairs safer for running up and down. It also muffles the sounds of footsteps, keeping it quieter in the house. Here are a few looks I like. 








Right now our stairs are fully carpeted which was a money-saving/sticking to the budget measure we took when we built. We'd love to turn them into wood stairs down the road, and then a stylish stair runner will certainly be in order.

Happy Monday, friends! Hope you have a good start to your week. I'm down to one kiddo this week because my oldest is at a day camp. Maybe, just maybe I'll get some things done around here. 

Hugs,

-Sarah


Image Sources: #4 via Better Homes & Gardens; #6 via Bijou & Boheme; all others via pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!