Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nursery Snippets

So, this pregnancy is well underway, and it's time to start making preparations. With roughly 16 weeks left, I've got quite the to do list. We're thinking pink based on our 20 week ultrasound. Of course, I don't want to rule out the chance of that being wrong, so I'm not going overboard with girl nursery decor. Just a few pretty things here and there. All the main/big pieces are very neutral. Here are a few things I've picked up recently. Nothing new is installed yet, since old stuff has to be moved out of the room and the walls have to be painted first. We'll probably do one big install towards the end to give us extra time with the room as a play room for the two older kids. (Where am I going to stash all those toys?!)

Anyway, I'm leaning towards a light grey colour for the walls. Right now I have my eye on Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore, but I have yet to sample it in the room. 




And I picked out this tole chandelier (via ebay). Obviously one of the more girly elements. 



These faux fur pillows were a steal at Restoration Hardware, and they'll look great on the taupe sofa we're going to haul up from the basement. (The baby room is quite large, and I like sitting on a sofa to nurse, so I figured why not move it into the space.) 



Two other pillows I'm thinking of adding to the ensemble. 




I think we'll go with this simple and inexpensive dresser from IKEA and just switch out the knobs for something prettier. Something glass or brass. 



And a "goodnight" sign like this is on order. We had it customized a little so it wasn't so tiny and it will be done in brass too. Whoot! I'm thinking it will hang above the crib. 



These adorable photos are en route. It was hard to narrow it down to 4 because they're all really cute. Let's see... we went with zebra, bobcat, giraffe and money. But you really have to pop over and see them all (the animal print shop). 






This garland tassel from Studio Mucci is coming too. Just a little bit of peachy pink for the room. There's lots of bare walls to fill up, so this will certainly find a home somewhere. 




Well, I could go on, but this is getting long and it at least gives you a good idea of where things are headed. My excitement is starting to build. A new little babe is on the way. 

Thanks for the visit! 

-Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! Congrats on your pregnancy, and good luck with the decor. Looks like the room will be beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah! I'm so out of the loop... congratulations!!! Love all of your nursery plans... the goodnight sign is my fave!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!