Tuesday, April 15, 2014

More Nursery Snippets

Hello, friends! I thought I'd pop in with a few nursery updates. As it turns out, we're planning on painting the room this weekend. Whoot! I couldn't hold off for another month (which was the original timeline). So, I have my work cut out for me getting the room cleared out and ready to paint come Saturday. I decided to go with a warm white - Ivory White by Benjamin Moore - to be exact. Pictures to come on that front. 

These curtains have arrived and will be hung just as soon as the walls get painted. I went with ready-made panels for sanity sake. 




Paired with this rod in the smaller size (both curtains and rod from Restoration Hardware). 




Here's a peek at the sofa and "fur" pillows that will be moving into the space soon. We've been storing the sofa in our basement since we moved in, and there's lots of room in the nursery so it may as well be put to use. At the very least I'll have a place to crash if baby is having a particularly fussy night. 




The gold bows pillow (Caitlin Wilson) and this pom pom throw in white (West Elm) will be added to the mix soon too. 





I've been thinking of bringing a good dose of colour into the space with some artwork inspired by the fabulous Lulie Wallace. I'd love to own an original by the talented lady herself, but it's just not in the budget this time. So, I've been practising. A first attempt (and more to come before I invest in an over sized canvas). Please excuse the garbage bag and painter's tape. I think there's hope that I may come up with something presentable. 




If I'm feeling ambitious, a trio of giant paper flowers would be so fun and cheery. 




The bassinet is out and that makes me happy. 




Oh, and that gold "goodnight" wall script arrived. It's puuurdy! (I know you can't really tell from this angle but trust me... it's good.) And yet another reason to get those walls painted. 




So, hopefully that whets your appetite to keep coming back here despite the sporadic posts. This blogging momma has been more momma than blogger lately, but you know, that's probably not a bad thing. I think my littles appreciate their mommy time, and soon I'll have 3 to keep track of! Prayers appreciated. 

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment!